- 1 lb Frozen spinach, thawed
- 6 oz Cheese
- 1 Large onion
- 1 oz Fresh ginger
- 1 Cup plain yogurt
- 6 Cloves garlic
- 4 oz Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 Cup half and half
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Grind the onion, garlic, and ginger to make a fine paste.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the paste, spinach, yogurt, buttermilk, chili powder, and garam masala, mix well.
- Simmer at medium flame for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mash all the ingredients properly with a potato masher.
- Add the half and half and simmer till the mixture has a creamy consistency for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add cheese and salt to saag panir and simmer for about 5 minutes.