Blanquette De Veau
- 3 lb Veal, cut into 2-inch cube
- 1 Clove
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 lb Mushrooms
- 1 Onion
- 18 White/pearl onions, peeled
- Herbs: 2 sprigs thyme, 3 parsley, 1 rib celery, 1/2 bay leaf
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 Lemon juice
- Butter as needed
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- Salt and peeper to taste
- Oil as needed
- Water as required
- Wash and cut the veal into 2-inch cubes and stick the onion with a clove.
- Tie together the thyme, bay, celery, and parsley.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter with oil in a dutch oven or casserole and add the veal to it.
- Cook it until brown on all sides.
- Combine the carrots, onion, herbs and salt with it, mix well.
- Add water to cover the meat and cook on high flame, bring it to a boil.
- Decrease the heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Clean the mushrooms cut them into quarters and peel the white pearl onions.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in the skillet and sauté the mushrooms, salt and pepper in it until light brown.
- Take out the mushrooms from it and add 2 tbsp butter in the skillet.
- Fry the onions in it for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Place the mushrooms back to the skillet and keep warm.
- Combine the egg yolks with the cream and half of the lemon juice in a bowl, mix well.
- Remove the mushrooms, meat and onions and put them in a serving dish.
- Pour the cream with the egg-yolk in the meat juice in the casserole and cook on very low flame for about 10 minutes, do not boil it.
- Now pour this sauce over the meat in the dish.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper if needed.