- 2-1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup bread flour
- 1 tbsp Soymilk
- 1 Cup raisins
- 2 Eggs
- 4-1/2 tbsp Unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 Egg yolk
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- For Glaze:
- 1 Egg yolk beaten, with 2 tbsp of water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter and flour the large cookie sheet.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add the butter to it.
- Add milk, eggs, yolk, raisins to it and mix till completely incorporated.
- Now turn the dough out onto the lightly floured surface and press it into thick rounds with floured 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- Gather scraps and reform into one inch thick rounds and shift the rounds to prepared baking sheet, spacing equally.
- Brush the English Scones with glaze.
- Place it into the Refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Bake it till golden brown for about 25 minutes.