- 4 Boneless chicken breasts, split in half flour
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 1/4 Pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/4 Cup white wine
- 1/4 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup sliced black olives
- Olive oil as needed
- Heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Cook until just soft.
- Put tomatoes, bay leaf, rosemary, wine, olives, and broth.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat some olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Dredge the chicken in flour.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until chicken is done.
- Place chicken in a large casserole dish.
- Cover with the sauce and bake uncovered at 350 degrees C for 25 minutes, or until it bubbles.
- Cacciatore Chicken is ready.