Chicken Tortilla soup
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp Margarine
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Large yellow onions, cut in 1 inch squares
- Cans chicken broth
- 1 Can whole peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 Cans diced green chilies, drained
- 1 Can whole corn, drained
- 1 Bunch fresh green onions, chopped
- 1/3 Bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt
- Tortilla chips
- Grated Cheddar and Jack cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons margarine in a 6 quarter pan.
- Dutch oven or stockpot and sauté garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season chicken breasts with broth, salt and pepper
- Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until breasts are cooked but not browned.
- Dice the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside. Add remaining 2 tablespoons margarine into pot and stir to loosen any dripping.
- Add onion squares, sauté for about 2 minutes, until soft but not browned.
- Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes, chilies, and corn from cans, and then add diced chicken, green onions, cilantro, and chili powder.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Chicken tortilla soup is ready.
- Serve it with tortilla chips and cheese.