- 6 Large apples
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp butter
- Wash and core apples, then remove a 1 inch strip of peel around the middle of each apple; place in a 2 quarter shallow baking dish.
- Put sugar, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar in a small bowl; fill the center of each apple and dot with 1/2 teaspoon of the butter.
- Add just enough water to baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish; bake, uncovered, at 350 degree F for about 30 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Baste with juices occasionally.
- Serve warm with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
- Baked Apples are ready to serve.