- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Green onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Onion slice
- 2 Carrot slices
- 6 Whole black peppers
- 1 Whole clove
- Parsley Spring
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 Can bouillon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1/3 Cup red wine
- Combine first nine ingredients and sauté for 3 minutes or until onion is golden.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour until smooth.
- Cook on very low heat, stirring constantly, until flour is lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in bouillon; bring to boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Srain, put salt and pepper, wine and parsley. Reheat slowly.
- Bordelaise sauce is ready.