- Pastry :
- 200g Plain flour
- 100 g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 80 g Sugar
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 400 g Strawberries
- 350 ml Milk
- 4 Egg yokes
- 75 g Sugar
- 30 g Plain flour
- Vanilla essence (a few drops)
- Boil the milk.
- Mix the egg yokes and sugar well.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Add the milk gradually while mixing to avoid clumps forming.
- Put the mixture into the saucepan and heat to boiling. Simmer for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add a few drops a vanilla essence, let it cool covered and then put it in the fridge.
- Heat the pastry in a pie tin for 15 minutes (150-180 °C) will be perfect, then let it cool.
- Pour the custard filling over the pastry and place the strawberries on the custard.
- Strawberry Tart is ready.