- 2 Leeks, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup thinly sliced potatoes
- 2- 1/3 Cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1-1/8 Cups heavy whipping cream
- Gently put the chopped leeks and the chopped onion in butter or marinate until soft, about 8 minutes. Do not let them brown.
- Add potatoes and stock to the saucepan. Salt and pepper to taste; do not overdo them.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer very gently for 30 minutes.
- Pour in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Cool.
- Gently stir in the cream before serving.
- Vichyssoise soup is ready.