- 1 Stick marzipan
- 1 Stick butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Lemons - Juiced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Rind - Grated
- 3/4 Stick Butter -- Room temperature
- In a food processor, process marzipan until soft.
- Put butter and process.
- Add egg and blend.
- Add flour and salt and pulse.
- Remove dough from bowl, form into a ball, cover with plastic wrap andrefrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degree F.
- Break off bits of dough and pat into tart shells.
- Dough yields as follows: 18 tart shells 2-1/2 inch, 36 tart shells 1-1/2 inch , 48 mini tartlet shells
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven to cool.
- In medium saucepan whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind until blended.
- Cook over medium low heat, whisking constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour into bowl.
- Cut butter into little bits and whisk into lemon mixture.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Fill lemon mixture into tartlet shells.
- Once tartlets are filled you have to freeze them in a singe layer on a cookie sheet.
- When they are nice and frozen they can be placed into a plastic container in layers with a sheet of wax paper in between.
- Lemon Tartlets are ready.
- Defrost for about 10 minutes before serving.