- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Cups water
- 3 Cups fresh shelled green peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp whipping cream (optional)
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the shallots until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the water and peas, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the peas are tender for 12 to 18 minutes.
- Puree the peas in a blender or food processor in batches.
- Strain back into the saucepan, stir in the cream if using, and reheat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
- Pea Soup is ready.