- 10 (6 inch) Corn tortillas cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1-1/2 Cups vegetable oil
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Large tomatoes
- 1 Large onion
- 1 tbsp Chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 Avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- Heat oil in large sauce pan and carefully drop in cut up tortillas.
- Fry until golden brown and crunchy.
- Cover a plate with a paper towel, place done tortillas on towel and pat dry. Sprinkle salt on top of tortillas, trying to coat both sides.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend tomatoes, onion and cilantro until completely pureed.
- In a saucepan cook chicken broth, chipotle chili and pureed vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and then serve.
- Prior to serving, add tortillas and avocado cubes to soup.
- Azteca Soup is ready.