- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil for browning
- 5 Pounds beef chucks cut into 1-1/2inch cubes
- Flour for dredging
- 2 (28 ounce) Cans whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 2 (7 ounce) Cans diced green chilies
- 12 Serrano chilies, finely chopped
- 2 Small yellow onions, finely chopped
- 12 Fluid ounces beer
- 20 Fluid ounces water
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 Bunch cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Dredge beef cubes in flour. Cook in hot oil until browned on all sides, reducing heat if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, green chilies, serrano chilies, onions, beer, water, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add chopped cilantro, and simmer 1 hour longer.
- Chile Colorado is ready.