- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Pounds boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 5 (7 ounce) Cans green salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) Can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Can diced tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant.
- Add the cubed pork, and cook until browned on the outside.
- Transfer the pork, onions, and garlic to a slow cooker, and stir in the green salsa, jalapeno peppers, and tomatoes.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours.
- Reduce the setting to low, and cook for 4 to 5 more hours.
- Chile Verde is ready.