- 2 Chicken Breast Halves (skinless, boneless - pounded thin)
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers (seeded, minced)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 3 pods Garlic (minced)
- 1 pound chopped tomatillos
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Take oil in a large vessel and heat it on a high flame.
- Put the chicken pieces in it and sauté until both sides are browned. Then remove the chicken, and set aside.
- Now add onions and garlic to the oil and sauté until golden. Now add tomatillos, jalapeno peppers, stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover the pot, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Take the above-made mixture out to make a puree in a blender.
- Return the puree to pot and reheat.
- Slice the chicken into thin slices, and then shred. Stir the slices into soup.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Then add minced cilantro.
- Pour the soup into bowls and put a dollop of sour cream on top of each portion, and let it melt a bit.
- Garnish each dollop with a single cilantro leaf, and serve immediately.