- 2 Pounds pork loin
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups water
- 4 Cups hominy
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 Cup shredded cabbage for garnish
- 1 tbsp onion
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- In a large pot over high heat, combine the pork, salt and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low.
- Allow to simmer for two hours, skimming foam as necessary.
- Remove from heat and take the bones out of the stock.
- Cool and de-fat the stock. Remove pork from bones and return meat to stock. Add the hominy and chili powder and simmer over low heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve in deep bowls with cabbage, onion and lime juice.
- Posole soup is ready.