- 8 Ounces rice stick noodles
- 1/3 Cup lime juice
- 1/3 Cup water
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp Roasted peanut oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 Pound peeled shrimp, cut into small pieces
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 4 Cups bean sprouts
- 1 Cup thinly sliced scallions, about two small bunches
- 1 Cup cilantro leaves
- Cover noodles with boiling water.
- Soak 20 minutes or until soft but not fully cooked.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, water, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, cayenne, and oil.
- Set aside.
- Add oil, garlic, shallots and shrimp to 12-inch, non-stick skillet.
- Turn heat to medium high and cook until shrimp is mostly pink about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, stir and scramble until just moist.
- Add noodles, fish sauce mixture, peanuts, sprouts and scallions.
- Using a pair of tongs toss noodles until they are evenly coated.
- Add the cilantro. Cook tossing constantly until noodles are tender and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Pad thai is ready.