- 1-1/2 Pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 (29 ounce) Can diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) Cans tomato paste
- 12 Dry lasagna noodles
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Dried parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain fat.
- Mix in basil, oregano, brown sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add lasagna noodles, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, drain.
- Lay noodles flat on towels, and blot dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, parsley and 1 tsp salt.
- Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cover noodles with 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Repeat. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- American Lasagna is ready.