- 1/2 Pound boneless pork loin, coarsely chopped
- 2 Ounces peeled shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp Chopped fresh ginger root
- 24 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
- 3 Cups chicken stock
- 1/8 Cup finely chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, combine pork, shrimp, sugar, wine, soy sauce, chopped green onion and ginger.
- Blend well, and let stand for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place about one tsp of the filling at the center of each wonton skin.
- Moisten all 4 edges of wonton wrapper with water, and then pull the top corner down to the bottom, folding the wrapper over the filling to make a triangle.
- Press edges firmly to make a seal. Bring left and right corners together above the filling. Overlap the tips of these corners, moisten with water and press together. Continue until all wrappers are used.
- Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil. Drop wontons in, and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion, and serve.
- Won Ton Soup is ready.