- 2 Pounds fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- Juice of two lemons
- Combine the strawberries, brown sugar and lemon juice in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Partially cover with a lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries are softened and release their juices. Let cool.
- Pour the strawberries into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Press the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer into a storage container.
- Strawberry Sauce is ready.