- 1 Cup Paneer cubes
- 2 Onions - 1 finely chopped; 1 thinly sliced
- 3 Tomatoes - 1 1/2 finely chopped; remaining thinly sliced
- 2 Bell peppers - green, red, yellow thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Kasthuri methi leaves
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 3 tbsp Cashew nut paste
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Soak a handful of cashew nuts in warm water for a few hours.
- Grind to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and when it begins to splutter add the finely chopped onions.
- Fry till onions are soft and light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and sauté till oil floats on top around 8-10 minutes.
- Now add the sliced onions, tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Add about a cup of water and cook on medium. Let the veggies cook and come to a boil. Stir in the paneer cubes, cashew paste, cream and the kasthuri methi. Add salt to taste.
- Paneer Peshawari is ready.