- 2 Cups basmati rice
- 1 Cup tomato puree (preferably fresh)
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 2 Cups of water
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala(optional)
- 10-12 pieces of thorn less fish
- 1 Inch ginger
- 8 Flakes garlic
- 1 Cup yogurt
- 4-5 Green chilies
- 1 Bunch coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 Onions sliced
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- For Marination:
- Grind ginger, garlic, green chilies, turmeric, and salt into a fine paste.
- And marinate the fish with it.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and keep aside for at least 30 min
- In a pan put 1 tsp oil and fry the rice for 2-3 min.
- Then add the tomato puree, coconut milk and 1-1/2 cups of water.
- Add salt, chili powder, garam masala and mix it very well.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Partially cook the rice (80%) on a slow flame.
- In a pan put 1 tsp oil and sauté the onions to golden color.
- Add marinated fish to it put some water and cover with the lid for 5-6 min
- Do not to break the fish pieces when stirring.
< br>Final preparation
- Take a baking dish, layer the rice then arrange the fish with its gravy and then again layer of rice.
- Add the milk so that the rice doesn't dry.
- Cover with aluminum foil and keep it in the preheated oven for 7 min.
- Fish Biryani is ready.