Fish Curry with Coconut
- 10-12 pieces Fish (clean and cut)
- 1 Cup Fresh Coconut
- 6 Shallots
- 1 tsp Ginger root
- 4 Green chilies
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 8 Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 5 Kudampuli
- 1/2 medium-sized Tomato (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Take the pieces of fish and apply chili powder, turmeric powder and keep it aside for some time.
- Heat the oil in a kadai. After the oil becomes hot, add the fenugreek seeds.
- Also add shallots and ginger to the oil and fry them.
- Add fish pieces to it and fry for few minutes.
- Then add ground paste of coconut, green chilies, tomatoes and salt.
- Add water as needed. Let it boil at high temperature.
- When the fish gets cooked and curry boils up, add soaked Kudampuli.
- Then lower the flame and add curry leaves to the curry.
- Fish Curry with Coconut is ready.