- 1 kg Goat meat
- 3 Large onions, finely chopped
- 3 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Separate chopped onions into 2 portions - roughly 2/3 and 1/3 of the whole.
- Heat oil in a large pan, on medium flame, and add the first lot of onions - the 2/3 portion.
- Fry till golden-brown.
- Add the meat and fry till browned.
- Add all the powdered spices and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Add the remaining 1/3 portion of chopped onion, ginger and garlic pastes and mix well.
- Add water, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame to simmer and cook till the meat is tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Gosht Dopiaza is ready.