Hare Masale ki Hilsa
- 1 Hilsa fish, cut into 4 pieces (bone in)
- 4 Green chilies, chopped
- 2 bunches Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kalounji (onion seeds)
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Cup water
- Coat the fish with turmeric and salt. Keep aside for a few minutes.
- Take 2 tbsp oil in a non stick frying pan and heat it to medium.
- Fry the fish pieces, till they are a bit golden.
- Take out the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Make a paste of green chilies and coriander, using some water. Keep aside.
- In a wok/karhai, put 1 tbsp oil.
- After it is hot, add the onion seeds.
- Once they crackle, add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 cup water and salt. Cover the pan.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the fried fish pieces.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes, on low to medium heat, till the fish is done.
- Once the fish is done, add the coriander and green chili paste.
- At this point, take the fish off the fire.
- Let the curry stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice.
- Hare Masale ki Hilsa is ready.