Indian Chicken Tandoori
- 8 Large chicken pieces
- 1 1/4 Cups yogurt (curd)
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 Cup chopped onions
- 3-4 Dried red chilies
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1" Piece ginger, grated
- 1-2 Cloves
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro and lemon wedges, for garnish
- Make slits in the chicken pieces and rub lime juice and salt over them.
- Keep aside for half an hour.
- Grind dried chilies, coriander seeds, ginger, garlic and clove together.
- Mix the paste with garam masala and chili powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the masala. Add onions and fry.
- Pour yogurt and stir well. Remove the pan from fire.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a dish and pour the yogurt mixture over them.
- Refrigerate the marinade overnight or at least for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill at medium high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook chicken on the grill, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges.
- Indian Chicken Tandoori is ready.