Indian Lentil Soup
- 1 Cup split lentils (Moong/ Arhar), sorted and rinsed
- 3 Cups water
- 1/4 tsp Ginger, crushed
- 1/4 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 Small whole green chili, seeded and chopped
- Bring the water to boil in a pan (large enough to hold the water, with enough space to add the lentils.)
- Add the lentils and all the other ingredients to the water, except salt, cilantro and green chili.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and green chili and let it boil for one minute.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
- Indian Lentil Soup is ready.