Mexican Corn Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup corn oil
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 Ounces) Can of cream-style corn
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 Cup cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add corn oil and buttermilk. Whisk.
- Blend in 1 cup of cheese, cream corn, peppers and onion.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda and salt in another bowl. Now, add them to the previously prepared mixture.
- Stir until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking dish.
- Pour the prepared batter into the dish.
- Sprinkle it with the remaining cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, till bread's top is golden brown.
- Mexican Corn Bread is ready.