Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1 Quart (4 cups) milk, divided
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup cream
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat 1 cup of milk in a saucepan, till it starts bubbling.
- Stir in cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups of milk and return to boiling.
- Before stirring, whisk until frothy.
- Stir in cream and vanilla and then heat through.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate is ready.