Hungarian Chicken Paprikash Sour Cream
- 1/2 kg Boneless chicken-breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Medium onions, diced finely
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup sweet hungarian paprika
- 2 Bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Can chicken stock
- 1 Can sour cream
- 3 tbsp of flour, mixed with 1/4 cup of ice cold water (to make paste)
- Sauté minced onions in oil until golden.
- Add chicken breasts and cook till brown.
- Add all the ingredients and chicken stock, except sour cream and flour mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour on low heat.
- Add sour cream and bring back to boil.
- Whisk flour mixture until smooth and add to pan.
- Continue to whisk, until mixture is completely mixed and thickens.
- Immediately remove from heat and put in a serving bowl.
- Hungarian Chicken Paprikash Sour Cream is ready.