Chinese Lemon Chicken
- 2 tbsp Dry sherry
- 4 Green (spring) onions, chopped
- 1 Piece of root ginger, shredded
- 500gm Chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 Celery sticks, sliced
- 125gm Button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp Light soy sauce
- Shredded rind of 2 lemons
- A few Lemon slices, for garnish
- 2 tbsp Oil, for stir-frying
- Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl.
- Add chicken and toss well to coat. Leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add celery, mushrooms and the green pepper. Stir-fry for one minute.
- Add the chicken and marinade and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and lemon rind. Cook for one minute.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve hot.
- Chinese Lemon Chicken is ready.