Chinese Style Steamed Fish
- 1 Pound whole mackerel fish, cleaned
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 1/4 Cup scallions, with tops cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Dry sherry
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp Sugar
- Combine celery, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, oil, sherry, ginger and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Gently make three or four small diagonal slices along both the sides of the fish, with a sharp knife.
- Place the fish in a shallow baking dish.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture, prepared before, over the fish.
- Place 4 inverted custard cups in a large wok.
- Set the baking dish on top of the cups.
- Add very hot water to the wok, about 1 inch deep.
- Cover the wok and bring the water to a boil, over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and steam the fish for 25 minutes.
- Chinese Style Steamed Fish is ready.