Vegetarian Split Pea Soup
- 2 Cups dry split peas, rinsed
- 6-8 Cups vegetable stock
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Carrot
- 2 tsp Butter
- 3-5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Pepper
- Water, as required
- Put the peas and stock, with water, in the Dutch oven over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cover partially.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and carrot and sauté in butter for about 10 minutes, until onions are somewhat translucent.
- Add garlic and rosemary and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the peas, along with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for another 40 minutes or so, until the peas are mushy and falling apart.
- Vegetarian Split Pea Soup is ready.