Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 Pound sweet potatoes
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) Unbaked pie crust
- Fresh cream, for serving
- Boil sweet potatoes, whole in skin, for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Run cold water over the potatoes and remove the skin.
- Mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- Add butter and mix well in a mixer.
- Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed, until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling onto the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes
- Pie will puff up like a soufflé and then, it will sink down as it cools.
- Serve with fresh cream.
- Sweet Potato Pie is ready.