- 1 Egg
- 1 Small Onion
- 250 gm All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Green chili
- Coriander Leaves
- 250 gm Oil
- 1 tsp Ghee or butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, cold water and salt.
- Add all purpose flour to the above and allow the mixture to stand 15 minutes at room temperature.
- For the filling add chopped coriander leaves, onion, green chili and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a griddle and pour a ladle of mixture on it.
- Rorate the gridle so that the mixture spreads evenly.
- Cook till until bottom is golden brown and edges begin to curl.
- carefully remove from the heat and cut these into long stripes.
- Now turn one end of this stripe over to make a triangular shaped pocket.
- Again turn in the opposite direction.
- Fill the cavity with a spoonful of the filling and continue folding until the whole strip has been used and a triangular shaped pastry results.
- Seal the end with water or a paste made from flour and water.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Add the samosas one by one and fry until golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with a fresh mint chutney.