- 450 gm Mushrooms.
- 6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Onion (cut into thin strips)
- 3/4 cup Two-Day-Old Bread (crusts removed)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- Wash the mushrooms and place them in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to it and bring to a boil.
- Immediately lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a small skillet, add the onion, and saute for 7-8 minutes.
- Tear the bread into pieces and soak it in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid from the mushrooms.
- Grind or blend together the mushrooms, bread, onion, and salt.
- Stir in the eggs and mix well. Refrigerate for I hour to firm the mixture.
- Shape into 12 oval patties 3-4 inches long and dip into the breadcrumbs.
- Now take a large heavy skillet, heat the remaining oil, add the patties, and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and heated through.
- Garnish with sour cream.