- 1 Cup basmati rice, cooked
- 1 Cup fresh carrot, grated
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green chilies
- 1/2 Cup boiled peas
- 1 tbsp Urad daal
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 4 tsp Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Oil, for cooking
- Heat one tbsp oil in a shallow pan and add mustard seeds.
- When they splutter, add urad daal and cashew nuts.
- When the cashew nuts are brown, add chopped onion and green chilies.
- Fry till the onions are golden.
- Add turmeric, salt and red chili powder. Fry for a minute.
- Mix in the grated carrots and sprinkle little water.
- Keep the pan covered, on a low flame, till the carrots are done.
- Add boiled peas.
- Mix in the rice.
- Add lemon juice.
- Garnish with finely cut coriander leaves.
- Carrot Rice is ready.