Fried Rice with Sprouts
- 2 Cups basmati rice, cooked
- 1 Cup sprouts
- 1 tsp Red chili paste
- 1 tbsp Groundnut oil
- 1/2 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Tomato sauce (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- White pepper powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp Spring onions, chopped
- Heat oil in a wok or large non-stick skillet, till it nearly smokes.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger and stir fry for a few seconds on high heat. Keep tossing around, so that it doesn't burn.
- Add the red chili paste and stir fry for 10-15 seconds.
- Now, add sprouts and cover. Cook for 2-3 min on medium heat.
- Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, salt and white pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add, the completely cooled, cooked rice to the wok and stir fry, tossing well for about 2 min.
- It's important to note here that after adding the rice, flip the whole thing over as quickly as possible in order to coat the rice grains with the rest of the ingredients.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve hot.
- Fried Rice with Sprouts is ready.