Mustard Coconut Rice
- 1 Coconut, grated
- 3-4 tsp Coconut oil
- 2-3 Green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 5 Cashew nuts
- 1 stem Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 kg Basmati Rice
- Cilantro, for garnishing
- Cook rice and keep aside.
- Put 1 tsp coconut oil in the saucepan and add grated coconut.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, till coconut becomes a little dry. Take it out and keep aside.
- Put remaining coconut oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add urad dal, chana dal, green chilies, ginger paste and curry leaves.
- Fry the above till the dals become brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Put ghee in the pan and fry the cashew nuts till golden brown.
- Take a bowl and put cooked rice Add salt, coconut and fried dals. Mix them well.
- Top it with cashew nuts and some cilantro.
- Mustard Coconut Rice is ready.