Paneer Peas Pulao
- 2 Cups basmati rice
- 8 Ounces paneer pieces
- 1 Cup Peas
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Cashew halves
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1" Cinnamons stick
- 4 Whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns
- 3 Cups Water
- 3/4 Cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Salt
- Wash rice thoroughly.
- Put in a bowl, cover with water and let it soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Brush paneer pieces with 1/2 tbsp oil and broil for 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add cashews and fry until light golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add raisins. Fry until plump and then remove. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add whole spices. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add rice and peas, increase heat to medium-high, and stir-fry until rice is well coated with oil and begins to glisten (about 5 minutes).
- Add water, tomato sauce and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Uncover and gently stir in paneer.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice gently with a fork and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fried raisins and cashews.
- Paneer Peas Pulao is ready.