- 2 Cups long-grained white rice
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup ghee
- 20 Almonds, blanched and chopped
- 20 Pistachios, chopped
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp Saffron, soaked in 1 tsp milk
- 4 Cups milk
- Soak rice in water for 2 hours. Drain.
- Heat ghee and add the drained rice. Add milk.
- Cover and cook, on a low flame, stirring occasionally but gently, so that the rice grains do not break.
- As soon as the rice is cooked, add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, dry fruits, sugar and saffron.
- Mix well.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven, till each grain is separate.
- Serve hot, as a sweet dish.
- Rajesthani Pulao is ready.