Spinach & Tomato Rice
- 2 Pounds fresh spinach
- 2 Cups olive oil
- 1 Large onion, minced
- 2 Sprigs fresh mint
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Cup uncooked rice
- 2-1/2 Cups water
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Lemon, cut in wedges
- Wash the spinach, chop and set aside to drain.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed pot on low heat.
- Put olive oil in the pot and increase the heat to medium. Add onion and sauté till it is translucent.
- Add fresh mint and spinach. Sauté for 5 minutes, until wilted.
- Dilute the tomato paste in the water and add to the pot, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add rice, stir, and cover.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Do not stir during simmering.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Spinach & Tomato Rice is ready.