- 5-6 Raw Beetroots
- 2 medium Onions (sliced)
- 2 Large Potatoes (optional)
- 1 liter Vegetable Stock
- 1 lemon
- 150 ml Natural Yoghurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Scrub the beetroot and finely grate it.
- Scrub and chop the potatoes (if using) into 1cm cubes.
- Cook the beetroot, onions, potatoes and stock in a large pan at low heat for about 1/2 hour, or until all the vegetables are soft.
- Now strain the soup, discarding the vegetables.
- Add lemon juice and stir well.
- Mix in the yoghurt and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled.