- 5 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 6-8 Celery Stalks (finely chopped)
- 300 ml Milk
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, cream & herbs, for garnishing
- Heat oil & butter in a pan and fry the chopped onions and celery for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add stock, salt, pepper and half the milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continually, and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining milk.
- Heat to just boiling point before serving.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and garnish with cream and herbs.