- 4 Cups cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into 2 inch length
- 1 tbsp Salt, for dewatering cucumber
- 1/2 Cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Chili paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 3 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of asafetida
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix cucumber slices and salt.
- Let it rest for at least two hours, to extract water from cucumber. Thereafter, drain it thoroughly.
- Dry roast sesame, cumin and coriander seeds.
- In a blender, blend the toasted seeds, along with chili paste, tamarind paste, garlic paste, oil, black pepper, asafetida and salt.
- Pour the mixture onto dewatered cucumber slices. Mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate in a sterilized jar.
- Cucumber Achaar is ready.