- 1cup Lentil
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 small Onion
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt according to taste
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- A pinch of Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2-3 cup Water
- Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Boil the lentil in a pressure cooker and mash them properly.
- Keep aside.
- Now blend the tomato and onion pieces in a mixer till crushed properly.
- Take ghee in a pan and heat it.
- Add asafetida, cumin and mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter.
- Lower the flame and then add red chili powder and turmeric powder to the above.
- Add the blended paste to it & stir.
- Cover the pan with lid & cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add lentil & water & lemon juice, Stir and bring it to boil.
- Garnish with coriander & serve hot.