- 1 Whole Fresh Chicken (or leftover chicken parts)
- 5-6 cups Water
- 1 Dried Bay Leaf
- Salt to taste
- 3 stalks Fresh Parsley
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 6 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Carrot (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 Onion (peeled and quartered)
- 1 stalk Celery (roughly chopped)
- Take a stock pot and put the chicken, vegetables, salt and pepper in it.
- Pour water so that the ingredients get immersed. Heat the pot and bring water to boil.
- Once boiled, skim off the impurities that have appeared on the surface. Now, reduce the flame to medium simmer.
- Let it boil uncovered for at least 4 hours. Occasionally, skim off the froth that comes to the surface.
- After the due time, remove the bones and chicken, and strain the stock.
- If making stock for future use, reduce the stock by boiling it for another few hours so as to make it more concentrated and easier to store.
- Otherwise, Chicken Stock is ready to relish.