Tortilla de Patatas
- 6 Eggs
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 large Onions (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 900 gms Russet Potatoes (peeled & sliced)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add potatoes to it.
- Stir occasionally until they turn golden and crisp.
- Take out the potatoes with a slotted spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to the potatoes, and toss them for a while.
- Add onions in the remaining oil and sauté till they turn golden.
- In the meanwhile, beat the eggs thoroughly in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, onions, remaining salt and pepper to it. Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a smaller pan and put it over medium flame.
- Smear the pan with a little bit of oil. Pour half of the potato/onion/eggs mix in the pan. Swish the pan so that the mixture gets evenly spread.
- Allow the mixture to cook for a few minutes until the crispy thin egg edge starts to pull away from the pan.
- Now, take a spoon and run it around the outside edges to make sure the egg layer has not stuck to the pan.
- Slide in the spoon; lift the omelette to turn its upside down. By doing this, the uncooked side will get cooked.
- Cook for another minute or so, and then slide the omelette onto a plate.
- Tortilla de Patata is ready to eat. Serve with bread and sauce.