- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1-½ cup Maida
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1-½ cup Peas (crushed)
- 2 tsp Green Chillies (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Mix the maida, salt and oil (2 tbsp), and knead to make stiff dough. Keep it aside.
- To make the filling, heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When seeds start spluttering, add green chillies, coriander, peas and salt to the oil. Cook for a few minutes and put off the flame.
- Now, divide the dough into small rounds of equal sizes.
- Roll out each ball into small rounds of 3 inches and place 2 tsp of filling on one half of the round, wet the edges with fingers and fold over. Press to seal.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the karanjis until crisp and golden.
- Put off the flame, take out the karanjis. Drain excess oil on paper towel.
- Mattar Karanjis are ready to eat. Serve hot.