- 2 cups Rice
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- ¼ tsp Jeera Powder
- 2 large Onions (chopped)
- 5 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 4 twigs Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Soak urad dal and rice in cold water separately, preferably overnight.
- Grind the soaked dal and rice to make a smooth paste. Add salt to this paste and mix well until it becomes a batter of semi-liquid consistency. Allow it to ferment for at least 3 hours.
- In the meanwhile, mix the chopped onions, green chilies and coriander leaves with salt and cumin powder in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Now heat a flat pan on high flame. Apply little oil to the heated pan and then carefully pour a tbsp of batter onto the pan and immediately spread it evenly in a circular shape.
- Add a little oil to it and spread about 2 tsp of the onions-chilli-coriander-cumin and salt mixture on the uncooked side and wait for a few seconds.
- Turn over the dosa and again apply some oil to cook the other side.
- Onion Dosa is ready to eat. Serve hot with coconut chutney.